PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE EXPERIENCING AN ISSUE SENDING MESSAGES TO 'GMAIL' ACCOUNTS. WHEN SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION FORM TO US PLEASE CONSIDER PROVIDING AN ALTERNATE EMAIL ADDRESS FOR US TO CONTACT YOU ON
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE DEVELOPER
Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service
Contract terms: Permanent, Full time
Salary: £23,909 - £27,372 per annum + £4,000 IT allowance + COPFS benefits package
Location: Crown Office, Edinburgh 25 days paid holiday + public and privilege holidays Flexible Working Hours
The Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service is responsible for the investigation and prosecution of all crime in Scotland; the investigation of deaths which require further explanation; and the investigation of complaints against the police.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Information Systems Division (ISD) delivers and supports an enterprise portfolio of efficient, resilient, innovative and secure IT services to meet COPFS’ business needs. The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer role will involve the design and development of management information reporting solutions to meet COPFS’s business and technological objectives. This will involve working closely with COPFS’s Management Information Unit (MIU) in order to understand new BI requirements and to develop solutions accordingly.The roles main responsibilities are:
- Implementing reporting solutions, including design and creation.
- Support and maintenance of COPFS BI reporting platforms and Data WarehousesResponsibility for the maintenance and development of COPFS’s Data Warehouses Extract Transform Load (ETL) processes.
- Providing technical support to non-technical MI Analysts
- Creation of Business Intelligence reports for COPFS’s Management Information Unit using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Proactively looking for opportunities where BI could be used to replace existing inadequate reporting across COPFS
- Identifying and correcting BI performance issues, reviewing systems and error logs, job monitoring, optimisation efforts, and data integrity analysis.
- Creating maintaining and updating, processes and procedures for BI system administration and development.
- Managing the security aspects of BI platform user accounts: developing secure password policies, creating and assigning roles, restricting data access to only the appropriate users
- Perform unit testing, system testing and UAT
- Manage the MI delivery roadmap considering both business and technological objectives
- .Promote the benefits of the data warehouse across the organisation
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA REQUIRED
The essential criteria for this post are outlined below.
Candidates will be required to fully demonstrate their technical competencies at interview.
-Experience in delivering BI Reports with one or more of the following platforms and lanagues:
-Oracle BI Publisher and OBIEE
-Working knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL
-Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, with proven experience of effective relationship-building and ability to present and communicate written and verbal technical solutions
Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Selection will be competency based.
Further technical questions relating to the essential criteria will also be asked at interview.
Closing date for these vacancies is: 19th April 2019 at 5pm.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Please note that COPFS has exemptions from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974).
COPFS must also adhere to strict Civil Service and Cabinet Office Baseline Personnel Security Standards regarding nationality, identity and history verification rules
Candidates Guidance and information on Competency Based Selection can be found on the Application Process tab at the top of this page.