Thank you for your e-mail of 4 March 2016 in which you requested the following information under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA):
“Could you please provide me with details regarding the tenancy agreement with Scottish Enterprise for leasing the COPFS office at Victory Court in Greenock.
I would like:
- the date the lease was agreed and when it is due to expire
- the sum paid to lease the office per calendar month, and any breakdown of changes to the sum
- information about the office - number of offices, meeting rooms, toilets, facilities, parking spaces, etc etc.
- whether or not COPFS intend to remain in the office when the lease expires.”
I can advise of the following in answer to your request:
- The lease commenced on 2 December 2005 and will terminate on 27 February 2019.
- In relation to the sum paid to lease the office, this information is exempt from release in terms of Section 33(1)(b) of FOISA. I consider its disclosure would, or would be likely to, prejudice substantially the commercial interest of any person. In terms of FOISA any person includes a public authority, company, or partnership and accordingly I consider that the likely prejudice to the commercial interests of Scottish Enterprise outweighs the public interest in releasing this information.
- The leased accommodation comprises of open-plan office space, some cellular accommodation, a tea preparation area, toilets and a shower room. The car park is shared with other tenants.
- A decision will be made on whether to remain within this office when the lease expires in 2019 and therefore this information is not currently held in terms of Section 17 of FOISA.