Freedom of Information: European Arrest Warrants (R010284)
Thank you for your e-mail of 4 May 2015 under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA) in which you seek the following information:
1) “How many European Arrest Warrants (EAW) have been issued in Scotland between 30th March 2015 and 4th May 2015? What offences were these in relation to?” and
2) “Additional during the same period how many inward requests were received from other countries?”
I have considered your requests below.
1) Between the dates specified, two European Arrest Warrants were issued by Scotland. These were in relation to the following offences:
- Assault to injury
- Assault to severe injury and danger of life
- Assault to severe injury and permanent disfigurement
- Breach of the Peace
- s49C(1)(a) of the Criminal Law Consolidation (Scotland) 1995
- Attempt to defeat the ends of justice
- Assault with intent to rape
2) Between the dates specified, thirteen European Arrest Warrants were received by Scotland.