Freedom of Information: Offences under Official Secrets Act 1989 (R009438)
Thank you for your e-mail of 9 January 2015 under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA) in which you seek the following information:
1) “Please disclose the number of cases handled by the COPFS concerning offences under the Official Secrets Act 1989 since the Act came into force until the latest available date. If you are unable to provide this range of data, due to availability, recording or other reasons, please indicate this and provide what data you are able to, identifying the start and end dates. If possible, for each case please identify:
Freedom of Information: Zero Hours Contracts – Staff (R009430)
Thank you for your e-mail of 8 January 2015 in which you requested the following information under the Freedom of Information (
“Please provide details of any advertisements placed within the last three years by the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service(COPFS)for (a) solicitors and (b) other staff members for employment by the COPFS based on zero hour contracts and please state when the posts were advertised and the number of posts advertised on each occasion.
Please provide details of the numbers of (a) solicitors and (b) other staff employed by the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service on zero hours contracts during (i) 2011/12 (ii) 2012/13 and (iii) 2013/14”.
Freedom of Information: Costs – Angus Sinclair Case (R009434)
Thank you for your e-mail of 8 January 2015 under the Freedom of Information (
1) “What has been the total attributed costs of preparing and conducting the case against Angus Sinclair since the Double Jeopardy (Scotland) Act was implemented in 2011? [This will include in house costs in maintaining the case file, preparing an application to the Appeal Court, gathering new evidence, precognoscing new witnesses, preparing and conducting the trial at Livingstone High Court. It will include staff costs and material costs; commissioning of expert reports; commissioning of visual aids to the presentation of evidence including videos, still graphics and animated graphics; travel and subsistence costs for staff and witnesses and any other necessary activities in connection with the gathering and presentation of evidence.]”;
2) “Please itemise each of these costs separately as far as possible”;
3) “How many prosecution witnesses were listed? Please supply the full list”;
4) “How many gave evidence? Please supply the full list” and
5) “How many productions were listed? Please supply the full list”
Freedom of Information: Animal Health and Welfare Prosecutions (R009416)
Thank you for your e-mail of 5 January 2015 in which you requested the following information under the Freedom of Information (
“For the calendar year 2013, please provide figures in relation to the following questions:
1. How many prosecution proceedings did you commence for offences named in the Animal Health and Welfare (Scotland) Act 2006?
2. How many prosecution proceedings did you commence for offences named in Regulation 11 of the Welfare of Farmed Animals (Scotland) Regulations 2010?”