17 August 2012
Freedom of Information Request: IT information within COPFS
Thank you for your request dated 17th July 2012 under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA) requesting the following information for COPFS.
1. If your IT is not totally Outsourced then how many individual Staff – NOT whole/full time equivalents – are employed within your IT Department?
There are 39 individuals employed in our IT Department.
2. To which Company or Companies are the following areas of IT Outsourced:
- Desktops/Laptops/Thin Clients?
- Systems Development / Applications Management?
- (Can you please answer the questions 3 to 8, even if your IT is Outsourced)
There are no Areas outsourced.
3. How many Desktops are in use?
There are 2000 Desktops in use.
4. How many Laptops are in use?
There are 300 Laptops in use.
5. How many Thin Clients are in use?
We have no Thin Clients in use.
6. Which Server Platform(s) and Operating System(s) do you use?
We use Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2003 R2, AIX 5.2, Oracle and Linux 5
7. How many Physical Servers are in use?
There are 135 Physical servers in use.
8. How many Virtual Servers are in use?
There are 108 Virtual Servers in use.
9. What is the name and job title of the most senior person in IT?
Bill Reid our Director of IT is the most senior person in IT in this Department.