A Criminal Justice Disability Project (CJDP) was set up by the Justice Board to promote and enable accessibility of service across the criminal justice sector in Scotland for people with disabilities. The final report of the CJDP is now published by the member organisations.
The project considered the recommendations contained within the reports Hidden in Plain Sight ; Out in the Open ; and the Justice Steering Group report 2009; and how these can be implemented across criminal justice organisations.
The CJDP included representatives from:
- Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service (COPFS)
- Law Society of Scotland
- Police Scotland
- Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service (SCTS)
- Scottish Government
- Scottish Legal Aid Board (SLAB)
- Scottish Prison Service (SPS)
- and, an advisor from the Equality and Human Rights Commission.